Most people think of their teeth when they consider their oral health, but gum tissue is a vital part that must also be cleaned and cared for. At Elite Smiles Dentistry, we understand the importance of healthy gum tissue and make gum assessment and treatment part of our regular dental exams. Dr. Steven Freeman and associates also understand the sensitivity of gum tissue, which is why we are proud to offer advanced laser therapy with LANAP®. Learn more about our safe and effective laser therapy for gum treatment in St. Augustine, Florida, by calling 904-201-4304 and scheduling an appointment with our dentists.
Gum disease is an infection of the gum tissue. Even with careful brushing every day, some bacteria that collects below the gum line can create inflammation in the gums that can only be cleared away by an experienced dentist. Because toothbrushes are not always enough to clear away the bacteria, gum disease is a common ailment that affects an estimated 50 percent of Americans. However, only a few know they have gum disease and even fewer get treatment.
LANAP laser therapy is a leading-edge treatment option for gum disease. LANAP uses a dental laser with the specific wavelength PerioLase® MVP-7™ to clear out even the deepest bacteria from beneath your gum line while causing no harm or stress to your healthy gum tissue. Stay in control of your oral health by having your gum tissue regularly examined by our dentists.
Benefits of LANAP laser therapy include:
- Faster healing time — LANAP is more precise and less invasive, so your gum tissue can heal more quickly and optimally.
- More comfortable — Because of LANAP’s precision, procedures are usually smoother and more pleasant.
- Minimal recovery time — The ease and efficiency of LANAP procedures can allow patients to return to their daily routine immediately afterwards.
- Little to no gum recession — LANAP laser therapy does not require cutting gum tissue, so there is less chance of your healthy gum tissue receding.
- Less inflammation and bleeding — The precise laser wavelength can target just the harmful bacteria without hurting your healthy gum tissue.
- Safe for patients with health concerns — LANAP can be used safely on patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, and hemophilia, or who are taking medications such as Plavix and aspirin. Talk to our dentists to discuss any health concerns you may have.
Learn more about this safe and eﬀective laser therapy for gum disease at Elite Smiles Dentistry by calling 904-201-4304 and scheduling your consultation.