How to Get Better Dental Care in St. Augustine
To get the most enjoyment out of life, it’s vital to make time for the things that really matter. Here in St Augustine, preventative dental care should definitely be on that list of high priority endeavors. Sound oral health involves more than having healthy teeth and gums. Research indicates that oral disease can be linked to health problems such as pre-term and low-birth-weight babies, diabetes, strokes, and heart disease. It can also take a negative emotional toll, leading to self-esteem issues.
How are you and your family measuring up in following these 5 vital steps to good oral hygiene?
1. Cleaning Teeth Clean—Brush thoroughly twice a day, and use floss or another interdental cleaner daily to clean the areas between teeth not reached by a toothbrush.
2. Avoid Using all Tobacco Products—Stained teeth, bad breath, loss of taste, and periodontal disease are just a few maladies associated with tobacco use. It also poses numerous health risks, including various forms of cancer.
3. Inspect Mouth Regularly—Make it a habit to look for any changes in the appearance of the entire oral cavity, including the gums, cheeks, tongue, and throat. This may include red, puffy gums, or sores that persist for several days and are not healing properly.
4. Use Teeth Properly—Teeth should be used for chewing food only. Don’t use them for opening items, crunching on ice, or chewing on hard objects like pencils.
5. Go to the Dentist—Bi-annual dental visits help keep smiles at the top of their game. This permits issues such as tooth decay, infections, and even oral cancer to be diagnosed and treated at earlier, less serious stages.
Does your smile give you a passing grade in promoting good oral health? At Elite Smiles Dentistry, our St Augustine team of elite dental professionals would be happy to assist you in making your oral health story a successful one that keeps you smiling.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "How to Get Better Dental Care in St. Augustine"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."